Wednesday 19 July 2017

Catching up....


I'm so sorry I have neglected this poor blog for so long! I have just realised that it is almost a year since I last posted here...

As you can imagine with a very active one year old to care for, I get very little opportunity for stitching, but I've been looking back and I have made some things I haven't show you here so I thought I'd share them with you. I have posted some of these on instagram already so if you follow me there you will have seen them. I have to confess the immediacy of taking photos on my phone and posting on instragram is so much easier for me at the moment... I can do it one handed for a start! than taking 'proper' photos with my camera and uploading them to the computer and then writing a blog post. Unfortunately I almost never get chance to do this but I am going to try to as I'm grateful to all who follow me here - I'm sorry for neglecting you!




I made myself this little sewing case, I almost never make anything practical for myself and I've made needlebooks to sell in the past so I thought it was high time I made one for myself, Here is the inside...



This little box I made to house something special...



...a jay feather that my husband found for me, it is such a small, beautiful and delicate thing, I thought it deserved a special home of it's own.


Another little box I made, just to celebrate the beauty in nature....





I've also been working on a larger piece that is far from finished but I've been managing to do little bits here and there. The words are the lyrics to a song written by my husband.





That's all for now, I'll be back soon, I promise!

23 comments:

Alex said...

Some gorgeous stitching here and I love the repurposed cases - it was well worth waiting for!

bayou said...

Dear Christine, what a joy to see your post. I absolutely love the jay feather box and the acorns and your husband's songwriting stitched down, again a pure 'gentlework'. Gorgeous! xxx

Jennie in GA said...

Many thanks for your beautiful blog post!

Mo Crow said...

yo make such beautiful work thank you for sharing when you can!

pim said...

J'aime vraiment beaucoup ce que vous créez,c'est poétique,harmonieux,minutieux et élégant. Dans une autre vie j'aurais aimé travailler avec vous. En attendant je me régale les yeux et l'esprit.

Karen B. said...

Dear Christine,
I can't tell you how much I love what you do. There is just something capturing about your style.
Sending you hugs.
Karen B. ~ Todolwen

Magpie's Mumblings said...

You were missed! Having a wee one in your life is definitely a good reason not to be blogging, so we're happy to read your posts when you have a wee bit of time.

sharon young said...

What a lovely surprise to see your beautiful work again this morning, thank you for taking the time to share it.

Unknown said...

Quel plaisir de vous revoir, toujours aussi BEAU

Sail Away... said...

Just joined your blog and have enjoyed your beautifully delicate pieces - really inspiring. Thank you.

Lesley UK said...

I'm so pleased to see you blogging again. As usual, your work is lovely
Peace and Blessings

Linda Walker said...

I have missed these beautiful photos one right after another!!! Scrolling here is such a pleasure! Everything is beautiful but I adore that box with the jayfeather in it! The sentiment behind it is beautiful.....
Linda

Conniecrafter said...

so nice to see your wonderful creations you have been working on and including words written by your hubby is so neat. Having a little one around can be very time consuming but the best job ever :)

susan hemann said...

such wonderful work, thank you for sharing your gifts!

The Junque Seeker said...

Your work is one of the most beautiful things I've ever beheld. Thank you so much for sharing. I follow on Facebook, but as someone wrote earlier, it's a joy to see many photos together.

Evergreen Mo said...

Lovely to see your blog again. Having a baby will not leave much time for yourself or your followers so I am just happy to view when you have time to post. I so like your transformation of boxes into little works of art.

Anonymous said...

I simply love the acorn and jay feathers - it is the little details that you add that make your work so special.

nathalie said...

So happy to see some of your work again...I know babies take up all your time...but....it is soooo nice to see some of your work again, thank you so much!

NIKE said...

SBI Clerk mock test
SBI PO mock test
IBPS Clerk mock test
IBPS PO mock test more live news

sattakingplaybazaar said...

Get online games result and charts,Gali Desawar, Gaziyabad, Faridabad All Sattaking games result on playbazaar. Call us or visit our and get online games result and charts, get free old result chart today and save your time and earn huge money with your tricks. Get free guessing and big save money and time.

playbazaarind-games said...

play bazaar
play bazaar nice updates

logistics service in india said...

Leading Logistics Stocks on the Indian Stock Market: Get a list of top logistics stocks in India based on a market cap. best 3pl logistics companies in india
warehousing companies in delhi

logistics service in india said...

logistics services in india
supply chain management in india nice team work